Our commitment is documented and certified by independent control bodies. These regulatory schemes to which we adhere on a voluntary basis, and which involve both our management system and our products, are seen in Polycart as essential to ensure the reliability and transparency, which our customers have praised us about for years.
- SYSTEM CERTIFICATION – The Quality Management System adopted at Polycart is a comprehensive management tool including aspects of Food Safety Management (UNI EN ISO 22000:2005), Environmental Management (ISO 14001:2015) and Safety (ISO 18001:2007).
- FOOD SAFETY – All our packaging intended for food contact, both films and finished products, are manufactured and controlled using processes in compliance with EU REG 10/2011, EC REG 1935/2004 and the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 34 of 21/03/73.
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT – The development of new products involves standardised laboratory tests conducted with certified instruments and carried out by highly qualified personnel.
Being committed to the environment at Polycart means guaranteeing the biodegradability of the products we sell as well as participating in controls on the composition of raw materials to make sure that each of our products has no phytotoxic effects. In short: certification of compostability according to UNI EN 13432, licence code S267 for the production of
- Shopping bags and liners for the collection of biodegradable waste
- Films, foils and sheets
- CompostLabel (labels)
- Bubble wrap (flexible packaging)
HIGH-PERFORMANCE BAGS (CSI HPB140002 and HPB140003 licences)
The effectiveness of the control schemes adopted at Polycart in order to guarantee the performance of our products is certified according to the UNI 8055 and UNI 11415 standards. Our products are high performing, whether they are compostable shopping bags or fruit and vegetable bags suitable for food contact.
The carbon footprint left by our products is certified by Certiquality and the Italian Ministry of the Environment because it meets the requirements of ISO/TS 14067.
- Biodegradable and compostable shopping bag, CFP – ER 013 – A03 of 20 January 2014
- CompostLabel, CFP – ER013 – A02 of 28 January 2014
PLASTIC & BIOPLASTIC BY-PRODUCT (CSI SPP160049 licence)
The certification proves compliance with the UNI 10667-1:1998 standard, which classifies secondary raw materials obtained from recovered plastics and bioplastics as by-products.
The inspections of the production process necessary to obtain this important environmental certification have always shown that “Polycart’s procedures involve an excellent traceability system for the flows of off-spec materials intended for reuse and characterised by a high product quality” (2016 Report, CSI Auditor).