Polycart produces plain and printed plastic films made with traditional plastic material as well as compostable biodegradable material for flexible packaging. Polycart films come in many thicknesses and sizes; they are made both through extrusion and co-extrusion and they are suitable for food contact.
Polycart currently manufactures over 6 million kg of material every year and covers a wide variety of markets:
- 6 my HDPE film for paper laminates
- Special film for napkin packaging
- Technical film for thermal/acoustic insulation
- Garbage bag films
- Food-grade PE bags and sheets
- Food packaging
- Biodegradable and compostable industrial packaging
- Food-grade Mater-bi® bags and sheets
- Generic biodegradable Mater-Bi® Shoppers
- Mater-Bi® shoppers for customisation and Mass Distribution
- Compostable fruit & veg T-shirt bags and sacks
- Compostable Bubble Wrap
- ”Compost Label®” – compostable adhesive labels
- Compostable waste sorting bags
- Biodegradable Mater-Bi® mulch film
- “Biomade” compostable coated paper for food products
Today, Polycart has over 35 employees and two production facilities (Palazzo di Assisi and Ospedalicchio di Bastia Umbra, Italy) covering over 5000 square metres.
But that’s not all. Polycart also has:
- 9 extrusion and co-extrusion plants featuring automatic thickness control systems;
- 7 bag-making machines with in-line printing units for shoppers, sacks and bags on rolls (both coreless and without cores), stacked punched-out handle bags and open-mouth sacks;
- 1 off-line stack-type flexographic printing press.